STUDENT EXAM PROCESS IN EXAM
NOTE! The links take you to national guidelines that do not have the UEF Exam address (opens in a new tab).
Also check out the Electronic Exam: Facilities and Practices page, which also provides instructions for visiting exams, for example.
- Check from the Exam/teacher that the exam can be taken through EXAM from the teacher in charge of the course or from the study instructions of the course.
- Plan the time of your exam.
- Familiarize yourself with the UEF exam usage rules and be prepared to follow them.
- Select the exam to be taken, book the exam time and exam space from UEF’s exam system (links will open in a new tab). If you you are not able to attend the exam, be sure to cancel your reservation (opens in a new tab).
- Go to the exam room at the time you have booked. Follow the site-specific instructions you see in the Exam.
You can only take the exam at the computer which number was sent to you when you registered for the exam. Log in to the correct computer and start the exam. You can log in to the exam computer ahead if the computer is free. The exam only opens when it is scheduled to begin. There are instructions for typical problem situations next to the exam machine.
Remember that there is camera surveillance in the exam room.
It is not allowed to bring your own belongings to the exam room, but to leave them in a locker outside the room.
You cannot leave the exam room in the middle of the exam, but the exam must be completed. If the exam is interrupted for any compelling reason, fill in the electronic exam interruption notification (opens in a new tab) because then the exam can be released and you can book a new exam time.
- Answer the exam questions (opens in a new tab) and return all attachments. Attachments cannot be attached to the exam pass afterwards.
Once you have returned the exam, the system will send a notification to the teacher.
- Once the teacher has evaluated your exam, you may receive feedback on your performance and a preliminary grade in your email. The official grade is entered in the study system used by the university.
deadlines for the publication of the results of the exam results conducted in the electronic exam system
According to the degree regulations, the results of an exam shall be published no later than three (3) weeks after the exam, in the university’s electronic student and study register. In an electronic exam, the deadline is calculated as follows:
- The deadline for the publication of the results of the exams taken before the 15th of the month is calculated from the 15th of the same month and
- The deadline for publishing the results of the exams taken on the 15th and subsequent day shall be calculated from the 1st of the following month.
Procedural instructions for the electronic exam (pdf) (in Finnish).
UEF Exam system (opens in a new tab) for registering for the exam and reserving the exam space.