Instructions for outgoing exchange students
All outgoing exchange students from UEF must make a study plan (Learning Agreement, LA) for their exchange period. The Learning Agreement is, essentially, a list of courses you will take during your exchange at the host university
NB! You do not need to have a Learning Agreement in your first application to UEF. The Learning Agreement is made after you have been accepted for student exchange at the first stage of the application process.
Learning Agreement forms may be specific to exchange programs. Please follow the instructions you will be sent.
Take a look at your host university’s course offerings and possible restrictions. Please note that not all courses offered at a host university will be available for exchange students. Pay attention to possible restrictions or prerequisites when selecting courses.
Discuss courses you are interested in with your departmental coordinator at UEF and ask them to sign your Learning Agreement.
If you are not able to print and scan your LA, you may fill it electronically and email it to your departmental coordinator at UEF, who may sign it via UEF Sign. Please have the contact person at your host university sign your Learning Agreement as well, either before your exchange or at the beginning of it. Once your LA has been signed by you and both home and host university contact persons, please scan or take a high-quality picture of the document and upload it to your original application on SoleMOVE, on the After Exchange tab.
It is very likely that you may have to adjust your course selections once your exchange period has begun. In this case, please fill out the Changes to Learning Agreement form. This document needs to be signed by both your home and host university contact persons as well. Please remember to discuss the changes with your home university’s departmental coordinator.
In a nutshell:
- Choose courses from your host university’s website (or other provided source) and fill out the Learning Agreement form your exchange coordinator has sent you.
- Have your departmental coordinator of international matters at UEF approve (i.e., sign) your LA.
- Don’t forget to sign your LA yourself!
- By the time your exchange begins, please have the contact person at your host university approve (i.e., sign) your LA.
- Scan/take a high-quality picture of the document and upload it to your original application on SoleMOVE.
The forms you will need will be sent to you via email. You may also find the forms on Kamu: forms and reporting of outgoing student exchange.