The foundation of all activities is to ensure that it is safe to work and study at the university. This calls for responsible behavior from us all. It is very important that you follow the guidelines and recommendations given by the university and the relevant authorities. The university is continuously monitoring the situation closely.
The corona pandemic has accelerated the adoption of new teaching methods, and we will continue to invest in online and hybrid teaching. The adopted good practices are maintained and developed with time. Many good and completely new ways of distance learning remain alongside contact teaching.
It is essential to remember to act responsibly both on the university’s premises and during events in our free time. By doing so, the most important thing is to ensure contact teaching and student meetings on campuses.
This website features the university’s key recommendations and guidelines relating to studying and teaching. Other coronavirus-related guidelines can be found on the university’s coronavirus website. Course-specific information can be found in the Peppi web service.
THL recommends the continued use of masks in public indoor spaces and public transport
- for those seeking treatment or a test because of a suspicion of coronavirus infection
- for those with symptoms of respiratory infection, who nevertheless have essential reasons to move outside their home
- for those who know that they have been exposed to COVID-19 (for example, infections have been diagnosed in the family) and for whom close contact with outsiders cannot be avoided.
For those with symptoms, the primary recommendation is always to stay at home until the symptoms have passed. Despite the updated recommendations, each person may continue to use masks at their own discretion, for example, in indoor areas in which averting close contact is difficult.
Instructions on safety and hygiene on campus
he following basic instructions on safety and hygiene on campus must be followed by everyone (students, employees, visitors):
- Only come to the campus when you are healthy.
- The first thing to do when you arrive is to wash your hands. You should also wash your hands regularly throughout the day. Use hand sanitizer in situations where washing your hands is not possible.
- Keep a safe distance to others.
- No handshaking, no hugging.
- Regarding teaching: first contact the person in charge of your subject. If you are unable to reach the correct person, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With questions regarding international studies/traineeships, please contact email@example.com.
- With questions about IT Services and distance teaching, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With general questions regarding the coronavirus and the University of Eastern Finland, please contact COVIDemail@example.com.
- You can find the UEF personnel contact information in the UEF contacts directory.
- With questions regarding studies at the Open University, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.