Student’s Moodle environment
The University of Eastern Finland uses several Moodle environments. The teacher in charge of the course will tell you where to find the course and what is the key required for the course.
- UEF-Moodle http://moodle.uef.fi – this environment contains all the courses of UEF’s studies included in the credit system, and you can use your UEF user account to log in.
- Aducate-Moodle https://moodle.aducate.fi – this environment contains the courses relating to Aducate’s activities, and you can use your UEF user account to log in.
- Project Moodle http://moodlegroups.uef.fi – this environment contains all the other course templates relating to UEF’s activities, and you can use your UEF user account to log in.
For more information on the UEF user account and its activation, see the web page of IT Services.
Taking Moodle into use – UEF staff and students
UEF staff and students are identified in the UEF, Aducate and project Moodle environments through their UEF user account. When logging in for the first time, users are asked to give some basic information. After that, Moodle will be ready to use.
- Go to the front page of the Moodle environment you need
- If you have a UEF user account, click the “University of Eastern Finland accounts – Login” button on the left. You will be redirected to the UEF Login service.
- Or, if you have a separate user account for Moodle, click the “My Login” button.
- Or, use HAKA identification.
- Enter your username and password, and click “Log in >>”.
- If the login was successful, you will be redirected to the Moodle environment.
- Upon first login, you will be asked to do the following:
- Fill in your profile (fill in at least the following information: first name, last name, email address, city, description) and click “Update My Profile”.
- Read and accept the student’s copyright agreement. Acceptance is a condition for being able to use Moodle.
The Moodle front page opens next. There are instructions on using Moodle in the middle of the page. On the left, under “My Courses”, are the courses to which you have been granted access.
If you wish to link Moodle and Office 365 service, familiarise yourself with the instructions.
Once you have logged in to Moodle, the course list is shown in the middle. The course list includes all the schools and departments that use Moodle. By clicking the school/department, you can view the courses offered there. If you have already signed up for a course, only the courses you have signed up for are shown in the middle of the page.
Find the course you wish to sign up for and click its name. Moodle will then ask if you wish to sign up for the course. Click “Yes”.
If a key has been defined for the course, Moodle asks for a key when you sign up for the course. The person in charge of the course provides the participants with the course key. You will only be asked to enter the course key when you sign up for the course. If you are supposed to have teacher rights for the course, only the person in charge of the course may grant them.
Do you have questions?
Student’s guide to Moodle
Contact moodle [at] uef.fi.