What personal access badge?
Personal access badge is an electronic key to access electronic exam facilities. The access badges will be provided to the University of Eastern Finland students free of charge. The access badge is personal, and you may not give it to another person. Remember that when using the personal access badge, you may not use it to open doors for other persons, nor let other persons inside with it.
Why a personal access badge?
Personal access badge makes it more convenient for you to access electronic exam and to employ the extended opening hours of electronic exam facilities. Having one allows you to access electronic exam facilities without first checking in at Oppari desk. Exam facilities have camera surveillance and random inspections are done regularly. During these inspections, everyone’s identity is checked.
Which exam rooms can I access with personal identity badge?
In Joensuu, the following exam rooms can be accessed:
- Natura N112, first floor. NOTE! Access to Natura is through door F
In Kuopio, the following exam rooms can be accessed:
When can I take an electronic exam?
- Electronic exams can be taken in Joensuu Natura and Kuopio Mediteknia electronic exam facilities principally every day between 6:00-24:00 (6:00 a.m. and 12:00 a.m.)
- Available exam hours are always visible in the electronic exam system
- Kuopio Canthia electronic exam facilities are available during yhe opening hours of the buildings (check opening hours here)
From where can I get a personal access badge?
You can collect your personal access badge from key services on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9-12 (9:00a.m. to 12:00 p.m.), remember to check the opening hours for example, in the summer
- Joensuu: Facilities Management, Aurora (B-entrance) room 1033 NOTE! Please, fill in the application for keys for 24/7 rooms and electronic exam rooms in advance.
- Kuopio: Facilities Management, Snellmania room 178/5 (Be prepared to verify your right to study, for example by taking a picture of the period of validity of the right to study in weboodi.)
If you have paid a deposit for your existing access badge, the deposit will be returned to you at the end of the access badge’s period of validity or when you no longer need the badge. The deposit is refunded either in cash at the Facilities Management’s cash desk,or to your bank account.
If you do not want a personal access badge, you can retrieve an one-time access ID before your exam at Oppari’s service desk (NOTE! In this case, check Oppari’s service hours (opens in a new tab) to retrieve the one-time access ID).
Does personal access badge cost?
Access badges will be free of charge on a trial basis starting on 1 September 2020 until further notice.
For how long will my personal access badge stay valid?
The access badge gives you access to the university’s common self-study facilities and exam rooms for the duration of your study right.
What if I loose my access badge?
If you lose your access badge, you must immediately report the loss to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The holder of an access badge is liable for any misuse of their badge. The access badge is personal, and you must not let it fall into the hands of third parties. If you lose your access badge, it will be replaced once free of charge. After that, a EUR 50 fee will be charged for a new badge.
When will I have to return my badge?
The access badge must be returned without delay once you have completed your studies or the access badge is otherwise no longer needed. A EUR 50 penalty fee will be charged for access badges that are not returned to the university.