This message is distributed to all students of the University of Eastern Finland. Take note of the issues that pertain to you. The unusual situation we are currently in has raised many questions and caused worry in all of us, and we wish to provide you with advice and guidelines by communicating with you openly.
The University of Eastern Finland will switch to online studying and will close its campuses in accordance with the instructions given by the Finnish Government on 16 March.
The university’s facilities will be closed on Tuesday afternoon, 17 March 2020 at 16.00 (4 pm). This also applies to the University of Eastern Finland Library. However, the library’s online services and materials can be utilized as usual.
If a student has any personal belongings that he or she wishes to pick up from the university, this will need to be done during Tuesday 17 March 2020 by 16.00 (4 pm). Information about how courses are organised online will be made available to the students as soon as the related arrangement are clear.
We request that you read our instructions carefully and follow our directions. In doing so, we can act preventatively and affect the spread of the coronavirus in our university community. In North Karelia and Northern Savonia, there are currently only 4 verified cases.
All students are in an equal position in the UEF community. Even in such an exceptional situation, everyone is treated the same.
Questions can be sent to COVIDemail@example.com
You can reach our university’s staff starting 18.3.2020 by email, phone and through other communication channels. Studies will only be conducted as distance studies. There will be no contact teaching. You can find our contact information in the university contacts directory: https://www.uef.fi/en/web/guest/contacts/contacts-directory.
We will have up-to-date information about the situation on our official websites:
the coronavirus site on Kamu: https://kamu.uef.fi/en/student-book/coronavirus/
the coronavirus site on the UEF main website: http://www.uef.fi/en/koronavirus
Studies, teaching and customer service
Studies will only be conducted as distance studies.
Follow the communications from your own subject about the arrangement of the studies.
You can find the customer service contact information from the end of this message.
- With questions regarding student financial aid, follow Kela’s communications on their website: https://www.kela.fi/web/en.
- The Finnish student health service provides news on their website: https://www.yths.fi/en/frontpage/.
- The situation regarding the campus restaurants will be announced separately.
If you have any questions, please contact the following addresses:
- Regarding teaching: first contact the person in charge of your subject. If you are unable to reach the correct person, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With questions regarding international studies/traineeships, please contact email@example.com.
- With questions about IT Services and distance teaching, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With general questions regarding the coronavirus and the University of Eastern Finland, please contact COVIDemail@example.com.
- You can find the UEF personnel contact information in the UEF contacts directory: https://www.uef.fi/en/web/guest/contacts/contacts-directory.
- With questions regarding studies at the Open University, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.