The Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland (ISYY) is a student union in compliance with the Universities Act, section 46. A statutory function of the Student Union is to elect student representatives to University organs in accordance with the Universities Act, chapter 3.
The Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland is seeking one (1) deputy student member to the Faculty Council of the Faculty of Science and Forestry until the end of 2019.
The Faculty Council is a multimember administrative body in compliance with the Universities Act, section 27. The Faculty’s professors, teaching, research and general staff members and students are represented on the Faculty Council.
The Faculty Council’s functions are defined in the University Regulations, section 9. The Faculty Council’s functions are:
- To process and issue statements on the Faculty’s strategic plan and budget;
- To process and issue statements on the Faculty’s internal structure, within the framework determined by the rector;
- To establish or abolish subjects within the educational mandate;
- To set syllabuses (incl. the principles of incorporating studies completed in other universities or educational institutes into degrees), degree requirements and admission criteria, unless otherwise mandated in these regulations;
- To review doctoral dissertations;
- To process proposals defining the extent of a professor’s duties
- To process proposals defining the extent of the Faculty’s teaching and research staff’s duties according to the four-level career path model;
- To grant the title of docent;
- To grant the title of honorary doctor.
Persons with a right to complete an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the Faculty of Science and Forestry of the University of Eastern Finland may apply to the position of a deputy student member of the Faculty Council. Persons with over 50% employment contract with the university cannot apply to the Faculty Council as a student.
A student member ought to be effective, interested in student issues and dedicated to their job.
Valid applications with attached resumes are to be delivered to the Student Union Specialist of Academic and Social Affairs Mikko Aaltonen at koso [at] isyy.fi by 12 noon Thursday 16 May 2019.
The Student Union Executive Board will choose the deputy student member.
Mikko Aaltonen, Specialist on Academic and Social Affairs, the Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland, tel. +358 44 576 8414, koso [at] isyy.fi