News bulletin from Compass Group, the provider of campus restaurant services, 13 March 2020.
The health and safety of our employees, customers and consumers is our highest priority. We consider guidelines issued by authorities a minimum requirement. In addition, we are proactively adjusting our operations on a daily basis to ensure the security of our customers and employees.
Updated guidelines for our restaurants
1. We tell the customers to wash their hands before eating
2. We try to ensure that hand sanitiser is always available
3. We replace utensils more often and adjust the presentation of food
4. We recommend that customers keep a one-metre distance from others
5. We make sure that the number of people in the room at one time does not exceed 500
Other policies to ensure security and reliability
- We have already strengthened our daily disinfection practices in all locations and ensured the availability of sufficient protective equipment, detergents and disinfectants. We have also updated our guidelines for providing services in exceptional situations.
- We are trying to find alternative means to ensure the availability of food and service. Examples of this include portioning of food, single-serve packaging and distribution of food from our production kitchens. Our Account Managers or restaurant managers will contact our customers directly to discuss best possible practices.
- We have also cancelled all international business trips. From now on, we will hold our internal meetings virtually and will not participate in large public events
- Our internal Covid team is regularly monitoring the situation in Finland and around the world, and we are sharing best practices among countries.
- If you or your company have any questions, please contact your Account Manager.