The University of Eastern Finland will deploy a new student data system in late 2021. WebOodi will be replaced by a modern data ecosystem called Peppi. Peppi is an information system wherein different features are organized into virtual desktops based on user roles. Peppi comprises education planning, facility and resource reservations, and the student and study register.
On the student’s desktop, you can plan your studies, view your timetable, track your progress, schedule appointments, register for studies, obtain a certificate of student status and a transcript of records, apply for courses completed at another institution to be registered at UEF (recognition of prior learning), and view and edit your own contact information.
Service break coming in November
The exact schedule for the Peppi deployment will be announced in the spring 2021. Prior to the deployment, there will be a service break of about three weeks during which no study attainments can be saved or changes can be made to the student data system. All students should prepare for the situation and plan their studies carefully ahead of time. All study attainments will be saved into the new system, but the data system change and service break will slow down saving study attainments and writing diplomas in late 2021. It is therefore to be expected that services will be backlogged at the end of the year. You will be able to view your studies during the service break as WebOodi will be available in read only mode. Teaching and studying will continue normally during the service break. During the service break students cannot register for teaching or examinations through WebOodi. Follow your subject’s instructions on how to register for teaching and how any schedule changes in teaching in your subject will be handled after October.
Planning on graduating in late autumn 2021? Anticipate!
Please complete the studies missing from your degree before autumn 2021 and get any remaining studies (including recognition of prior learning) registered during the spring 2021 if possible. Avoid the rush and request for study module evaluation as soon as possible after completing the study units. Closed study modules will speed up the graduation process. Check the instructions in the Study Community of your department or school. Graduating PhDs N.B.: Although the date of the public defence of your dissertation cannot be changed, you can have your other completed credits accepted and registered earlier and, consequently, avoid the backlog of study registration.
Theses for examination in early autumn
If you want to receive a degree certificate in the year 2021, submit your Master’s thesis for examination no later than 1 September and Bachelor’s thesis by 10 September. Theses submitted after these dates will also be examined but saving the completed theses to the study register may be delayed due to the student data system change. Theses will be backdated to the date of grading.
Apply for a degree by 1 October
By applying for a degree by the start of October you can ensure that you will receive your degree certificate before the end of the year. If you graduate after the start of October, delivering your degree certificate might be delayed until 2022. The degree certificate will be dated to either the date of submitting the degree certificate application or the date of the last completed study attainment, whichever is later.
Info sessions, question times and user training
Plenty of help and user support for Peppi users will be made available. Several info sessions and user training session for students will be held during the spring and autumn 2021. Additionally, the first version of the Peppi handbook will be published in the spring 2021. The electronic handbook will contain user group specific instructions for Peppi users. Peppi related news, discussions and events can be found in the Peppi Yammer group. Peppi related questions and ideas can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember the Peppi question times for students:
- on Tuesday, 13 April 2021 from 3.00 to 4.00 p.m. (15.00 16.00) in Zoom session.
- on Thursday, 15 April 2021 from 3.00 to 4.00 p.m. (15.00 16.00) in Zoom session.
Peppi Timeline for students
- August: Annual registration in the Oili registration service is open.
- September: Update your PSP and download it for yourself. You should also order your transcript before the service break.
- October: Registering for courses and examinations is open in WebOodi until the end of October.
- November: WebOodi is available in read only mode. In read only mode you can look through your information (e.g., completed studies, PSP) in WebOodi .
- December: The Peppi system will be in use. Course registration is opened in Peppi. Base PSPs are made available.
TO DO list for students
In spring 2021
- Take part in the Peppi info sessions and question times. Find current news and watch earlier recordings in Yammer.
- Plan schedules for completing the studies missing from your degree. Tip: The Language Center organizes language study courses that are compulsory for degrees in the spring and summer!
- Complete the studies in a goal oriented way and get any remaining studies (including recognition of prior learning) registered.
- Request for the evaluation of study modules according to the instructions given by your department or school.
- Please make sure that your study plan is correct, and you can graduate according to it. Contact your PSP tutor teacher, amanuensis or other supervisor.
At the beginning of the autumn semester 2021
- Check your personal study plan and the curriculum for the academic year 2021 2022 . Contact your PSP tutor teacher, amanuensis or other supervisor if needed.
- Ensure that your study grant is sufficient even if you do not receive your Bachelor’s degree within the normative duration of studies.
- Update your PSP in WebOoodi and download it for yourself. Your PSP will not be transferred to Peppi as is.
- Order your transcript of records from WebOodi before the service break. Your study attainments will not be lost in the transmission, but it might be nice to have a familiar looking transcript for yourself.
- Order a study certificate from WebOodi . You might need it Complete open course feedback in WebOodi . Feedback is important!
- Find out how to register for courses and exams in your subject during the service break if course registration is open during the service break. Registration in WebOodi is possible until the service break.
- Find out how your subject will notify students of possible changes to teaching schedules during the service break. WebOodi , Tuudo and Nettilukari will no longer be up to speed during the service break.
- Follow Yammer for current news. Take part in Peppi info sessions and question times.
- If you wish to receive your degree certificate by the end of 2021, please submit your Master’s thesis for examination by 1 September and Bachelor’s thesis by 10 September and apply for a degree by 1 October.
- Theses submitted after these dates will also be examined but saving the completed theses to the study register may be delayed due to the student data system change. Theses will be backdated to the date of grading. The degree certificate will be dated to either the date of submitting the degree certificate application or the date of the last completed study attainment, whichever is later.
During the service break in November 2021
- Studying continues despite the service break but credits cannot be stored in the study information system during that time.
- WebOodi is available in read only mode. In read only mode you can look through the studies you have completed before the service break, order a transcript of records or print your PSP. You cannot make changes to the information in WebOodi , e.g., you cannot update your PSP.
- Please take part in Peppi user trainings and info sessions.
December 2021 — Welcome Peppi!
- Get to know Peppi thoroughly. Many things are in a different place or look different than they did in WebOodi.
- Check your new automatically formed PSP and edit it. Some courses may have fallen into the wrong place during data transfer. Contact your tutor teacher or amanuensis if your study attainments have transferred to the wrong study right.
- Register for courses if your course registrations have not been transferred or they have been reopened in Peppi.
- Be active and participate in Peppi info and training sessions.
- Welcome to Peppi!