The Study well-being group is a closed peer support group for the UEF’s students:
- who struggle with pursuing their academic goals and
- who are open to reflection and solution seeking
- who are committed to put effort
- and are open to changes necessary to achieve study well-being and overall satisfaction.
The group is hosted by peer counsellors who are themselves students and researchers but also psychology students. Their role is to guide the participants towards improved study well-being by providing knowledge, encouraging self-reflection, and supporting development of study- and stress-resilience skills. The peer counsellors’ work is supervised by the UEF’s study psychologist.
Peer support also means that the group draws from the experiences, skills, and insights of all the participants. Maybe You have difficulties with some study-related issues, but surely you mastered some skills or found solutions to some challenges – other participants can get inspired by and follow your example.
The group is held in English but is open to all UEF’s students (bachelor, master, and doctoral level).
What are we offering in the Study Wellbeing Group?
- support from your fellow peers and share your experiences
- guidance towards better understanding of yourself in environment conducive to self-reflection in the context your study/ research process
- support in discovering your study skills and tapping into them
- effective work techniques and develop flexibility to find the optimal ways to study that suit your needs and capacities
- stress regulation protocols that support resilience in challenging situations
Always 12 noon to 2 p.m. on the following dates on campus in Joensuu:
- Monday Feb 20th
- Monday Feb 27th
- Monday March 13th
- Monday March 20th
- Tuesday March 28th
- Monday April 3rd
How to apply?
Apply by filling this form and a peer counsellor will then give you a telephone call to discuss your current situation and your wishes for the group.
For more information, please contact peer counsellors via e-mail at email@example.com