The November service break will end soon when OPPI, the Student’s Desktop in Peppi, opens on Monday 29 November 2021 at 12 pm. You can login to Peppi with your UEF account at peppi.uef.fi or through the shortcut on the KAMU Tools page.
On the Student’s Desktop, you can, for example, plan your studies, register for course units, monitor your study attainments, and order certificates (transcripts of records and study certificates) digitally signed by the university.
The timetable programme Lukkarikone opened on 25 October. You can find it at lukkarit.uef.fi and login with your UEF account.
Support for using Peppi
User support will be provided to help students when Peppi comes into use.
- The Peppi Handbook provides a lot of information on Peppi and how to use it. On the Students page of the Handbook (login with UEF account) you can find user instructions, previously published newsletters, and the recordings and slides of earlier info sessions. Remember the FAQ page as well! Note that to read the Handbook, you need to login with your UEF account.
- Peppi-Helppi is open 29 November – 3 December from 12:15 pm to 1 pm (12.15-13.00) and on Tuesday 7 December from 4:15 pm to 5 pm (16.15-17.00) on Zoom. Ask for help online in Finnish or in English!
- The Peppi support email helps with topics related to using Peppi at email@example.com. With questions about your study attainments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With problems regarding the Peppi PSP, please contact your amanuensis or PSP instructor.
- You can find current news about Peppi in the Peppi Yammer group (login with your UEF account).
Upcoming info sessions and events
There are still some more info sessions and events related to the Peppi deployment and using Peppi coming up before the end of the year. Join us!
- Peppi in use – info session on Thursday 2 December from 3 pm to 4 pm (15.00-16.00) on Zoom.
- The Peppi Road Show during weeks 48 & 49 on both campuses. Come along and ask about Peppi and try your luck spinning the wheel of Peppi! The event schedules will be announced in the Peppi Yammer group.
- PSP clinics about the technicalities of the Peppi PSP in Finnish on Zoom on Tuesday 11 January from 3:15 pm to 4 pm (15.15-16), in English on Wednesday 12 January from 3:15 pm to 4 pm (15.15-16) and in Finnish on Monday 17 January from 3:15 pm to 4 pm (15.15-16).
What will change with Peppi?
In Peppi, a student has a single student profile but might have several study rights. E.g., a student could have a master’s degree study right and a doctoral degree study right or an exchange student’s study right. Each study right has its own study right number. The Peppi study right number is not the same number that was your student number in WebOodi.
PSP, i.e., personal study plan
In Peppi, the PSP is a more central tool than before. A base PSP has been created for you, and you can edit it immediately once Peppi is in use. You can add minor subjects and other optional studies to your PSP but cannot reorganise the PSP or delete studies from it. If you notice that the base PSP attached to your study right is incorrect, contact your amanuensis or PSP instructor.
The PSP contains all of the compulsory studies of your target degree. The studies you have completed have already either been placed into the PSP or have fallen outside of the PSP structure. Your PSP instructor can move the studies from the outside into the PSP structure. It is also possible that some of your studies might have transferred to another one of your study rights. Make sure to check all of your study rights!
Course unit registration
Registering for course units is done through the PSP. The Course Registrations page will automatically show the courses (i.e., course units) for which registrations are open for the study units in your PSP. Through your PSP, you can also search for available teaching for course units that are not in your PSP.
Help, I cannot find all of the studies I have completed in Peppi?
Your study attainments have not disappeared, but they may have been attached to another one of your study rights in the data transfer. Click on your name on the upper corner of the screen to see your other possible study rights. Study attainments that have been attached to the wrong study right can be transferred to another study right (e.g., from an exchange student’s study right to a master’s degree study right). In these situations, please contact your amanuensis or PSP instructor.
Please note that there will be a backlog in saving study attainments once Peppi is in use. Studies completed during the November service break will be saved in Peppi by the end of December. Please wait patiently, it might take until the end of the year for all your study attainments to be saved in Peppi. If necessary, please contact email@example.com.
What on earth, I have too many credits!
In some situations, the credit points of your completed study modules might appear to have doubled. The issue is being corrected along with reorganizing PSPs. You do not need to worry about this, but the issue does need to be rectified. If you are about to graduate, contact your amanuensis or PSP instructor immediately.
Study right duration in Peppi
In some cases, the durations of study rights might differ from the duration shown in WebOodi. This is because Peppi interprets study right durations slightly differently to WebOodi. Do not worry, the deviating data is constantly being corrected. However, if necessary, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student financial aid and completed degrees
Graduating bachelor’s degree students: You can apply for student financial aid for master’s degree studies in the Kela e-service with a notice of changes to student financial aid even if your bachelor’s degree is not saved in Peppi at the very start of December.
Graduating master’s and doctoral degree students: If you receive student financial aid and complete your master’s degree or doctoral degree, you must notify Kela that you have graduated. The easiest way to do this is in the Kela e-service.
You can find more information on student financial aid in the October Peppi info session slide show (login with UEF account) and Zoom recording (login with UEF account). Apply for changes to your student financial aid in the Kela e-service.
In a hurry?
In December, priority is given to fixing any issues with graduating students’ studies. The focus will be on other students a little later.
Student’s to do list
- Take your time getting to know Peppi. Many things look different or are located in a different place in Peppi.
- Check the PSP that has been formed for you and edit it. Some study attainments might not have been affixed correctly in the data transfer. If you are about to graduate and notice that some study attainments have been attached to the wrong study right, contact your amanuensis or PSP instructor. When you start updating your PSP for the first time:
- Find your latest accepted PSP in WebOodi.
- Compare the PSP that has been formed for you in Peppi to your latest accepted PSP in WebOodi.
- If there are minor subjects or optional studies missing from the PSP that has been created for you, you can add them.
- If you are about to graduate, book a study guidance appointment as soon as possible. Your amanuensis or PSP instructor can reorganize your PSP.
- Register for course units if your registrations have not transferred from WebOodi or the registrations have been reopened in Peppi.
- Be patient and wait for study attainments received during the November service break to be saved in the register. The backlogged study attainments will be saved as soon as possible, but not all studies can be saved at the start of December.
- Remember to mention your study right number when you contact your instructor or the Peppi support.
Keep calm and use Peppi!