THE UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN FINLAND’S FACE MASK RECOMMENDATION TO PERSONNEL AND STUDENTS
UEF recommends that face masks be used in study and work situations wherein maintaining a safe distance from others is not possible. Such situations include, e.g.:
- Guidance, advisory, and teaching situations that cannot be carried out remotely or on campus while maintaining safe distances. If possible, when reserving facilities, the selected space must always be large enough to enable all participants to maintain safe distances to one another.
- The personnel’s work travel by public transportation or ride shares wherein maintaining safe distances is not possible.
UEF provides face masks for its personnel and students for work and study situations wherein the use of a face mask is recommended. The university does not provide masks for commuting to and from work.
In traineeships/internships the security guidelines of the training place (e.g. a hospital) must be adhered to.
If it is not possible to maintain a safe distance, a face mask must be worn in situations including:
- laboratory work and training
- contact teaching that requires close proximity (e.g. teaching physical education)
- customer service and guidance situations, e.g. service situations where a protective plexiglass is unavailable, and it is not possible to maintain a safe distance
- compulsory meetings that cannot be carried out as online meetings or wherein maintaining safe distances is not possible
- travel relating to teaching (e.g. collective transportation to field courses or training)
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT ALL UNITS STORE A SMALL AMOUNT OF FACE MASKS AND GIVE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SITUATIONS WHEREIN MASKS SHOULD BE WORN. DO NOT HOARD FACE MASKS NEEDLESSLY.
The face masks provided by the university are to be used in work or study related tasks only. They are not for personal use.
If need be, the university’s mask recommendation will be updated in accordance with national recommendations.
The face masks the university provides are surgical masks (type II).
Ordering face masks
- The units order the face masks centrally through porters (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The masks come in packages of 50 pcs or 10 pcs.
- The packages of 10 masks are meant primarily for taking along for work trips.
HOW TO USE A FACE MASK
- Put the mask on with clean hands.
- Do not touch the mask while it is on.
- Take the mask off by the straps with clean hands and discard the used mask. Wash your hands.
How to put on a face mask, in Finnish with pictures (Filha ry / pdf)
How to Wear a Surgical Mask (RafflesHospital / Youtube video)
More information on the mask recommendation: