Important! Digistartti platform in English for the academic year 2023-2024 will be closed on 31.7.2024! If your assignments are in progress, please complete them by 31.7.2024.
If you are a new student starting your studies in autumn 2024, go to “Digistartti” for the academic year 2024-2025 (Digistartti in English 2024-2025), which will open on 1.8.2024. In order to start your studies, it is important that you familiarise yourself with the UEF digital services with the help of Digistartti during the summer even before starting your studies. New students familiarise themselves with and complete the tasks of Digistartti on the Digistartti platform for the academic year 2024-2025.
Digistartti offers you an introduction to the digital study environments used at the University of Eastern Finland. We recommend that you complete the Digistartti assignments at the very beginning of your studies, preferably within two weeks after starting your studies.
The old Digistartti is open until 31 July 2023 and the new Digistartti will open 1 August 2023.
You can access the materials in Digistartti without a UEF user account, but please note that you can complete the assignments only when you log in with your UEF account.
In order for your UEF user account to work, all the below conditions have to be met:
- register as a present student at UEF
- activate your UEF user account. The activation is possible as soon as you have received the activation email (how to activate your UEF user account, new tab)
- your study right must be valid (for most Master’s students the study right begins 1 August and for most exchange students 1 September)
- registered as an MFA i.e. Multi-Factor Authentication user
- In addition, all the Master’s degree students have to be strongly identified by the IT service desk. This means that the IT services have checked your passport and identity.
Your UEF user account will work in about approximately one hour after activation and your email approximately 4 hours after activation. Digistartti opens 1.8.2023.
Digistartti is located on a Moodle platform in Digicampus (Note that we use several different Moodle platforms at UEF).
When logging into Digistartti, please select Haka login, then choose the University of Eastern Finland, and use your UEF username.
We recommend you use a computer (not a mobile device) and Mozilla Firefox as the browser.
Digistartti is a compulsory part of the course Orientation for International Students, 1 ECTS.
Orientation for International Students, 1 ECTS.
- If you have problems with logging into the Digicampus Moodle (new tab) or other issues related to the Digicampus Moodle, please contact the Digicampus Moodle support either via their Chat or email: email@example.com.
- If you have problems with the UEF ID (after selecting Haka login and choosing the University of Eastern Finland and using the UEF ID and password), if the username or the password is not valid, or you receive an error message related to them:
- Check the user ID and the password
- Note that you have to be registered as present
- Note that your study right has to be valid (for most Master’s students the study right begins 1 August and for most exchange students 1 September)
- Note that login can succeed only four hours after activating the account
- For the Master’s degree students: note that Haka login can succeed only if you have been strongly identified.
- If you receive a notification on an error on your password, change the password according to the instructions (please read the password requirements carefully).
- If the problem persists, please contact the UEF IT services (new tab) either via their Chat or email: firstname.lastname@example.org