Hi there new student!
Are you looking for support to get your studies started? Would you like to learn new study skills to enhance your learning? What does it actually take to study at a Finnish university? Where to get help if you feel home sick or stressed?
University Study Skills (8031003, 1 CP)
The aim of the course is to help new students begin studies and develop the know-how and skills needed in university studies. After completing the course, students have learned about university studies and the scientific community. The student can:
- Apply the study practices of the University of Eastern Finland in their studies
- Identify development needs related to their studies and develop their study skills
- Recognise and manage feelings of stress related to study situations
- Act according to the ethical guidelines and rules of the academic community
- Use online tools provided by the University of Eastern Finland to support studies, including the Moodle online learning environment.
The course will be organized next time in autumn semester 2022. More information, schedules and contact details, see study register Peppi.