The new student data system Peppi will be deployed at UEF in three stages in October and November 2021 which also means saying goodbye to WebOodi. Peppi is an information system wherein different features are organized into virtual desktops based on user roles. Peppi comprises education planning, facility and resource reservations, and the student and study register.
On the student’s desktop, you can plan your studies, view your timetable, track your progress, schedule appointments, register for studies, procure a certificate of student status and a transcript of records, and view and edit your own contact information. Applying for recognition of prior learning will also be carried out in Peppi in the future.
When will Peppi arrive?
Peppi will be deployed in stages at UEF during the autumn of 2021. Study guides and Lukkarikone will become available in Peppi in the last week of October. In the study guides you can find information on programmes, curricula, study units and course units (i.e., courses). Lukkarikone is a timetable programme for viewing teaching schedules. Anyone can browse the information on teaching and the up-to-date schedules without the need to login with a UEF account.
Using WebOodi ends on 31 October. After this, WebOodi will be available in read-only mode. This means that you can view your own information in WebOodi but will no longer be able to update the data.
The Peppi basic register and student’s desktop OPPI will be in use at the turn of November and December. After the end of November, you can view and plan your studies and update your contact information on the student’s desktop in Peppi. Digitally signed transcripts of records and study certificates will also be available through the Peppi plugin Atomi.
Info sessions, user training and question times!
You can find more information on the deployment and learn how to use Peppi by taking part in the info sessions and user training sessions for students. Welcome!
The Peppi Road Show takes over different campus buildings during the week of the deployment (week 48). Come along and ask about Peppi and try your luck spinning the wheel of Peppi.
Studying, service breaks and exceptions to arrangements
Studying and teaching will continue throughout the autumn, but deploying Peppi and retiring WebOodi will cause service breaks to different functions, e.g., registering for courses, showing up-to-date teaching schedules, saving study attainments in the register and writing degree certificates.
October service break 4.-24.10.2021
Registering for courses and exams is carried out in WebOodi until October 31. The registration data is transferred to Peppi the following week. After the October service break, information on teaching can be viewed in Peppi through Lukkarikone.
Possible changes to teaching schedules might no longer be updated to WebOodi. Students might therefore no longer be able to view up-to-date syllabi in WebOodi or NettiLukari (and not in Peppi yet either). The personnel of your subject will notify you of any possible changes to the syllabus during the service breaks. Possible changes to course units will be updated to Peppi starting 25 October.
November service break1.-28.11.2021
Students’ registration data is transferred to Peppi, and registering through WebOodi is no longer possible. Your subject will instruct you on how to register for teaching or exams during the service break should you need to do so.
Study attainments can no longer be saved in the student data system. The backlogged study attainments can be saved in the register after Peppi is in use at the turn of November and December.
Once WebOodi is in read-only mode, you can view, e.g., your study attainments and PSP.
Planning on graduating in late 2021?
Make sure to check the schedules related to graduating in Kamu. If you wish to receive your degree certificate before the end of 2021, you must submit your Master’s thesis for examination no later than 1 September and Bachelor’s thesis by 10 September. Theses submitted after these dates will also be examined but saving the completed theses in the study register might be delayed.
Apply for a degree by 1 October.
To make sure that you receive your degree certificate before the end of the year, apply for a degree by 1 October.
There is, nevertheless, no need to panic because you can also graduate after the start of October. However, you might not receive your degree certificate until 2022 because study attainments cannot be saved in the register during the service break. The degree certificate is dated to either the date on which the degree certificate application has arrived or the date on which the last study attainment has been evaluated, whichever is later. In short, you can graduate in 2021 even if there is a delay in delivering your degree certificate.
Remember to read the Peppi Handbook (sign with UEF account) and check for current news in Yammer (sign with UEF account)! You can also find information about Peppi in Kamu.
Student’s checklist at the start of the autumn 2021 semester
- Take part in the Peppi info sessions and question times. Follow current new and watch recordings in Yammer.
- New student! Participate in the new students’ Peppi info session on 2 September as part of the Orientation Programme.
- Check your own curriculum and the current curriculum for the 2021–2022 academic year. If necessary, contact your PSP instructor, amanuensis or study coordinator etc.
- Ensure that your student financial aid is sufficient even if you do not receive your Bachelor’s degree within the normative duration of studies.
- Update your PSP in WebOodi and download it for yourself if you need to. Your PSP will not be transferred to Peppi as is, but a new base PSP will be created for you in Peppi.
- New student! Unless your subject so decides, you do not need to create a PSP in WebOodi.
- Order your transcript of records from WebOodi before the service break. Your study attainments will not be lost in the data transfer, but it might be nice to have a familiar looking transcript for yourself.
- If you believe you will need a study certificate in the last months of the year, order one from WebOodi or from the Student and Learning Services before the service break.
- Finish writing any open course feedback in WebOodi. Feedback is important!
- Find out how your subject has instructed students to register for courses and exams if course registrations are open during the service break. Registering in WebOodi is possible until 31 October.
- Find out how your subject will notify students of possible changes to teaching schedules during the service break. WebOodi, Tuudo and NettiLukari will no longer be up to date during the service break.
- If you wish to receive your degree certificate by the end of 2021:
- Request for the evaluation of study modules as soon as you have received a grade for the final study attainment to complete the module! Closed study modules speed up the graduation process. Check your subject’s guidelines in your study community.
- Submit your Master’s thesis for evaluation by 1 September.
- Submit your Bachelor’s thesis for evaluation by 10 September.
- Bear in mind that the Turnitin evaluation also takes time!
- Apply for a degree on 1 October at the latest.
- The Peppi Road Show takes over the campus during the week of the deployment (week 48). Come along and ask about Peppi and try your luck spinning the wheel of Peppi.
- Take your time getting to know Peppi. Many things look different and are located in a different place than before.
- Check the PSP that has been formed for you and edit it. All study attainments might not have been affixed correctly in the data transfer. Contact your PSP instructor or amanuensis if some study attainments have been attached to the wrong study right.
- Welcome to Peppi!