- A degree student (Bachelor’s, Master’s or doctoral) has to apply for reinstating their study right, if they have lost it for one of the following reasons:
- A student has failed to register as absent or present during the registration period
- A first-year student has registered as absent, but has not submitted documents proving the legal grounds for absence by deadline
- a student who is required to pay a tuition fee fails to pay the fee by deadline
- If more than a year has passed since the student’s last registration as present or absent, the Student Services shall consult the faculty before reinstating the student’s study right. The student is required to update their study plan. The student updates their personal study plan with their study coordinator before applying for reinstating the study right. Contact information can be found in UEF Connect.
- A student applies for reinstating their study right with an online form and pays the re-registration fee of 35€. The payment information for the re-registration fee can be found on the form.
- A student must also register as present or absent when they re-register. If you register as present, you must also pay the student union membership fee. The payment information for the student union membership fee can be found on the form.
- If your study right has already ended, you need to apply for an extension to your study right first and apply for re-registration only after you have been granted the extension.
- NOTE! If your study right was still active in the previous semester, the re-registration fee will only be collected after the registration period has ended.
- If a student whose study right has ended on 31 July is granted an extension and registers for the autumn semester within the registration period by 15 September, they do not need to re-register.
- If a student whose study right has ended on 31 December is granted an extension and registers for the spring semester within the registration period by 15 January, they do not need to re-register.
- Please note, that if you are registered as absent, you do not need to re-register, but you can change your registration to present by contacting the Student Services (contact information on the bottom of the page.)
NOTE! You need to register to all your active study rights as either present or absent in the OILI registration service during the registration period, so that you do not lose your study right and so that you do not need to apply for reinstating your study right.
With one application and one re-registration payment you can re-register to all your study rights, there is no separate payment per study right if you re-register for several study rights with one application. State in the re-registration form to which study rights you register as present and to which as absent.
Remember to register to all your study rights.
You apply for reinstating your study right with this online form (opens in a new tab). If you cannot use the online form, you can also use the re-registration form in Word form.
More information on re-registration and registration in general:
The Student and Learning Services’ customer service desk offers general study counseling, information on term registration and study rights and maintains the student register. The customer services desk also provides student certificates and transcripts of records.
Phone number: +358 29 445 8900
- phone service Mon–Fri from 10 am to 3 pm (10–15)
- from 1 June to 31 July, phone service available Mon–Fri from 10 am to 2 pm (10–14)
- the Student and Learning Services’ customer service desk is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 am to 3 pm (10–15).
- from 1 June to 31 July the Student and Learning Services’ customer service desk is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 am to 2 pm (10–14).
NOTE! Remember to check the exceptions to Student and Learning Services' customer service opening hours.
Email address: email@example.com
- If your message contains confidential information, contact us and we will give you instructions on how to send your message encrypted.
- Joensuu Campus, Aurora building, entrance A, ground floor (Yliopistokatu 2)
- Kuopio Campus, Canthia building, 2. floor, Oppari (Yliopistonranta 1 C)
- Joensuu: University of Eastern Finland/Student and Learning services, P.O.Box 111, FI-80101 Joensuu
- Kuopio: Postal address: University of Eastern Finland/Student and Learning services, P.O.Box 1627, FI-70211 Kuopio
The re-registration procedure is based on the Universities Act (558/2009, Section 39).