Search Results: tuition-fee

Visa and residence permit [page]

Passport In general, a foreign citizen must carry a valid passport in order to enter Finland. Finland is a Schengen country (the link opens up in a new tab) and usually the checks at the common borders have been abolished. But under special conditions the border check can be introduced. The Schengen Area consists of […]

Financing the studies [page]

There are no tuition fees for the EU and EEA citizens at the University of Eastern Finland. The non-European citizens studying for a a whole Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree have fees which vary from 8,000 to 10,000 €/year depending on the programme. The fees need to be paid before you can register as a student at the […]

Annual registration – enrolled students [page]

All degree students must register for each academic year either as being present or absent. NOTE! Citizens outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland studying in bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes are required to pay tuition. If you are required to pay a tuition fee, you must pay the next instalment of the fee before you can register as […]

Re-registration [page]

A degree student (Bachelor’s, Master’s or doctoral) has to apply for reinstating their study right, if they have lost it for one of the following reasons: A student has failed to register as absent or present during the registration period A first-year student has registered as absent, but has not submitted documents proving the legal […]