NOTE! It has been decided on 29 June 2021 that students who are unable to start their studies in the 2021-2022 academic year due to complications caused by the coronavirus pandemic may defer the start of their studies and register as absent for their first year of studies. This decision also pertains to students who have received a study place at UEF in 2020 and have already deferred the start of their studies from the 2020-2021 academic year.
These instructions pertain to the International Master’s Degree Programme students who received a study right in 2020 or 2021 but were granted a deferment of the start of their studies to the autumn 2022 semester due to complications caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
If your acceptance at the University of Eastern Finland was conditional (e.g. tuition fee, degree certificate):
- you must meet the condition for your acceptance before your registration can be accepted.
- Additionally, you must sign and return your Student agreement before you can register. If you have questions regarding this, please contact your programme coordinator.
The registration period for the academic year 2022-2023 starts 2 May 2022 and ends 15 September 2022. You must register as either present or absent within the registration period. Here you can find information on registering as being present or absent.
To register as absent, please contact the Student and Learning Services' customer service (contact information at the bottom of the page).
To register as present you must:
- pay the Student Union membership fee and provide a receipt for the payment
- bring or send in the filled-out registration form, and
- provide proof of your identity.
1. Pay the Student Union membership fee
The fee is 71,50 € for the full academic year / 35,50 € for the autumn semester / 36 € for the spring semester. Here you can find more information on the membership fee.
Pay the Student Union membership fee either
To pay the fee via online banking or in your local bank, please follow the payment details below. Note that you are responsible for any possible transfer fees or service fees your bank may charge.
Recipient: Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland
Recipient's address: Yliopistonranta 3, FI-70211 Kuopio, Finland
Bank name: Osuuspankki/OP Bank/Pohjola Bank Pl
Bank address: Koskikatu 9, FI-80100 Joensuu, Finland
IBAN: FI37 5770 0520 2461 63
Message: Student’s name and date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
Fee: 71,50 € / 35,50 € / 36 €
Either bring or send a copy of the payment receipt to the Student and Learning Services’ customer service (contact information at the bottom of the page). The payment receipt must state the date of payment, the amount paid and the recipient’s name and bank account number.
2. Fill out the registration form
Fill out the registration form (docx). Send or bring the filled-out and signed registration form to the Student and Learning Services' customer service (contact information at the bottom of the page).
3. Provide proof of your identity
Provide proof of your identity either
- remotely (please contact email@example.com, and we will instruct you on how to do so safely) or
- in person at the customer service desk once you are on campus (contact information at the bottom of the page).