Search Results: absence

Working, studying and communicable diseases in the university’s facilities [article]

Communicable diseases refer to respiratory infections, various poxes and stomach flu, for example.  You may work on campus only when you are healthy. If you have symptoms of a respiratory infection or, for example, stomach flu, stay home. Contact your supervisor or teacher responsible for your course about your absence from work or, if your […]

Tips for successful multi-location work at UEF [article]

Both staff and students work remotely and on campus. UEF has made tips for successful multi-location work that can also be utilized in studying. On campus, it is easy to agree on certain ground rules on respecting everyone’s right to a peaceful work environment and general matters that affect atmosphere at work. Multi-location work has introduced […]

Post doctoral party, Karonkka [page]

The post-doctoral party, karonkka, taking place in the evening of the public examination is an old academic tradition. The post-doctoral party is held in the honour of the opponent and you act as the host or hostess of the party. You can decide the venue for the party. Choose a place that fits your budget […]

What to do when a person who has been on campus is diagnosed with COVID-19? [article]

A staff member diagnosed with COVID-19: is ordered into quarantine by the health authorities, notifies his or her immediate supervisor of a possible sick leave and quarantine in accordance with the university’s normal procedure (infectious disease allowance from Kela is applied for for the university, since the employee will be paid salary for the time of […]

Study right for doctoral studies and registration [page]

Study right for doctoral studies When you are granted the right to doctoral studies, instructions for registration and accepting your study place will be enclosed with the decision. The study right will be in force until you graduate, unless you give it up. The renouncement of the right to study Registration in the first academic […]

Annual registration – enrolled students [page]

All degree students must register for each academic year either as being present or absent. NOTE! Citizens outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland studying in bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes are required to pay tuition. If you are required to pay a tuition fee, you must pay the next instalment of the fee before you can register as […]

Re-registration [page]

A degree student (Bachelor’s, Master’s or doctoral) has to apply for reinstating their study right, if they have lost it for one of the following reasons: A student has failed to register as absent or present during the registration period A first-year student has registered as absent, but has not submitted documents proving the legal […]

Registration as being present or absent [page]

Each student must register as being present or absent for each one of their active study rights in the Oili registration service annually within the registration period. Registration is study right -specific. If you have more than one active study right, you can register as being present or absent for all of them or, e.g., […]

Extension to study right [page]

Applying for an extension to the study right You may apply for an extension to the normative duration of studies when the duration of studies is about to expire. If the normative time ends on 31 July the extension should be applied for by 31 May. If the normative time ends on 31 December the […]