Search Results: contact-information

Guidance in doctoral studies [page]

You will receive guidance in doctoral studies by several actors: coordinator of your doctoral programme provides guidance on studies of the doctoral programme, personal study plan, study administration administrative staff of the faculty provides general guidance in doctoral studies of faculty, study administration, decisions supervisors supervise your doctoral dissertation and personal study plan Contact information […]

Student card and student benefits [page]

As a member of the Student Union, you are entitled to a student ID card and the benefits and services that come with it. ISYY, the Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland is responsible for looking out for the interests and rights of the university’s students. Ordering a student card The student card […]

Visa and residence permit [page]

Passport In general, a foreign citizen must carry a valid passport in order to enter Finland. Finland is a Schengen country (the link opens up in a new tab) and usually the checks at the common borders have been abolished. But under special conditions the border check can be introduced. The Schengen Area consists of […]

Annual registration – enrolled students [page]

All degree students must register for each academic year either as being present or absent. NOTE! Citizens outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland studying in bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes are required to pay tuition. If you are required to pay a tuition fee, you must pay the next instalment of the fee before you can register as […]

Student Union ISYY and campus activities [page]

Student Union of the University of Eastern Finland (ISYY) ISYY is an independent organisation, although closely linked with the university. The purpose of the Student Union is to promote the rights of its members (i.e. all UEF students) and to negotiate better benefits – so you can focus on studying. ISYY also arranges a lot […]

Student housing [page]

The student housing is offered by independent, non-profit student housing companies, that are not part of the University of Eastern Finland. They offer accommodation in different parts of the city but no on-campus dormitories are available. As an exchange student you can apply for housing as soon as you have received the official Letter of […]